Saturday, January 12, 2019

Citation II type rating - Day 5 (no, no sim today)

It's day 5. We started on a Tuesday. Which means that today is Saturday, which of course means that my daughter made fun of me for having to go to school on a Saturday! But, sometimes that's what it takes, right?

I have found that CAE is a 24-hour a day, 7 day a week school. Fortunately it looks like I won't have any, but there are simulator sessions running all around the clock. I did get my simulator schedule for next week, and it looks like on Tuesday I will be in the simulator from 12:30 PM to 6:30 PM (which includes pre- and post-briefing time), and from then on from 6:30 AM to 12:30 PM. While I don't look forward to getting up early, getting done at lunch will certainly feel nice.

Today we reviewed many of the aircraft systems, but with a focus on abnormal procedures - what are the failure modes of each, and what to do to correct them (or otherwise deal with the problem). Anything from smoke in the cockpit to battery overtemp to what systems are cut off when the "Engine Fire Push" light is, well, pushed.

As part of this we worked through many of the checklists, using the mockup of the cockpit to practice identifying where the various switches and circuit breakers are.


The checklist is way more detailed than any that I'm used to. Anybody seen a 1960 Comanche checklist, for example? Pretty sparse.

Tomorrow, fortunately is a day off. Time to relax a bit, but still study some. Because after that it's one more day in class, then seven straight days in the simulator!

No comments:

Post a Comment