Monday, January 14, 2019

Citation II type rating - Day 6 - last day of ground school

After a much-anticipated day off yesterday, today was the last day of ground school. I can't say I'm sad about that. It has been pretty intense and we have covered a lot of material in these six days.

Today we finished up on abnormal procedures with the remaining aircraft systems that we didn't get to before, such as the pressurization system, spending some time reviewing and running through the checklists for the various conditions.

To start to prepare us for our first "real" simulator session tomorrow, the instructor took us through some of the maneuvers we would be performing and how to set up for them. These maneuvers should look really familiar to pilots of all types of aircraft!

  • Steep turns
  • Stalls (clean)
  • Stalls (takeoff configuration)
  • Stalls (landing configuration)
  • Instrument approach power settings
  • Visual approach power settings
We had some time left at the end of the day so we went through a little bit of review for the oral part of the checkride. I'm glad we did, it showed me some areas I need to study a little more!

One thing I'm trying to get better at is quickly finding the appropriate circuit breakers. This is the pilot's side panel, the co-pilot's side has about the same number of breakers.


I don't know if this is a lot or not, but it's certainly a lot more than the planes I have flown previously. Further, many of the abnormal checklists require you to pull circuit breakers, so knowing where they are saves a lot of heads-down hunting for them. I'm still working on that.

But I am very excited to be done with ground school, since of course that means tomorrow we are finally in the sim!

No comments:

Post a Comment